VISUAL ARTS, POETRY, COMMUNITY ARTS, MEDIA & ADVERTISING
"My art is my search for the moments beyond the ones of self knowledge. It is the rhythmic fantasy; a restless streak which looks for its own fulfillment! A stillness that moves within! An intense search for my origin and ultimate identity". - Meena

Meena Chopra - Poetry and Art

Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Dewdrop

The dewdrop
Submerged the universe.
departed
the misty
damp old nights
Hugged
A fresh and short lived leaf.
Clung to the suspended branch,
A life span.

What is the chance ?
Will it last?
If it falls
on the grounded dust
in a final thrust.
Vanishing ever.

Yet it yearns,
Stilling the beats
Ceasing -
As it never did.!


- Meena Chopra
(Transcreation from Hindi Poem)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My links at facebook

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Popular Posts