VISUAL ARTS, POETRY, COMMUNITY ARTS, MEDIA & ADVERTISING
"My art is my search for the moments beyond the ones of self knowledge. It is the rhythmic fantasy; a restless streak which looks for its own fulfillment! A stillness that moves within! An intense search for my origin and ultimate identity". - Meena

Meena Chopra - Poetry and Art

Wednesday 9 February 2011

A Loving Note - Ishq - इश्क़!


A Loving Note

Draped in the shroud
Of the wet clouds
Hidden and confined
in the dark cold coffins.
Sunshine sulked
throughout the winter.
The blazing skyline
continued to burn till it set
in spring.

Who was that?
kept gazing!
From the edge of my eyelids
till the shroud slit
coffin ripped and flew.
grave dawned in the space.
Was that a broken bit
of a loving tearlet?
A vast ocean
or a missed note.
an ongoing symphony
Streaming in time
- Meena

(Transcreated from my poem below)


इश्क़!

कफन में लिपटा बादलों के
छुपता सूरज
अँधेरी क़ब्र में सो चुका था
न जाने कब से
अपने आप से रूठा सूरज

एक आग के दरिया में
बहते किनारे उफ़क के
न जाने जलते रहे किसके लिए
दिन के ढल जाने तक

कौन था यह?
न जाने कबसे
खड़ा था जो सामने बाहें पसारे
पौ के फटने और भोर के हो जाने तक!
कब्र के फटने और कफ़न के उड़ जाने तक!

ओस की बूँद में बैठा छिपकर साँसे लेता
इश्क का कोई टूटा हुआ
टुकड़ा है शायद
किसी बिसरे हुए गीत का
कोई भटका हुआ
मुखड़ा है शायद!

- मीना
kafan me lipata badlon ke
chhupata suraj
andheri kabr me
so chuka tha
na jaane kab se
apne aap se rootha suraj
ek aag ke dariya me
bahte kinare ufak ke
na jaane jalte rahe
kiske liyedin ke dhal jaane tak
kaun tha wah?
na jaane kab se
khada tha jo samne haath pasare
pau ke phatne
aur bhor ke ho jane tak
kabr ke phatne
aur kafan ke ud jane tak.
Os ki boond me betha
chhipkar sanse leta
ishq ka koi tuta hua
tukada hai shayad
kisi bisare hue geet ka koi
bhataka hua
mukhada hai shayad

-© Meena Chopra (above drawing is by Meena Chopra)
- From upcoming collection 'Subeh ka Suraj ab Mera Nahin Hai'.

1 comment:

kavi kulwant said...

nice poem..
kavi kulwant
http://kavikuwlant.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My links at facebook

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Popular Posts